Social Finance Specialist
Come and join a dynamic team as we expand our mission of creating sustainable and impactful nonprofits and social enterprises! If you are a person who thrives on using your research, writing, data and task management skills to create real social impact, drive innovation and support teammates, the role of Social Finance Specialist could be a match.
The Social Finance Specialist job is perfect for someone who wants to explore how their strong skills can be used in the world of nonprofit sustainability in a fast-paced and values-driven environment. We seek someone with an ability to support traditional client fundraising needs and innovative earned revenue approaches with task management, writing, research and data work. You will support clients and team members with tasks like report and fundraising deliverable creation, trend research, our Signature Revenue Readiness Assessment coordination and market research tasks.
In this role you will be part of our Nonprofit and Social Enterprise Team and report to the Social Finance Director.
- Client Deliverables and Support (70%)
- Fundraising and Earned Revenue Deliverable Support (30%): Support teams with creation and refinement of client deliverables such as presentations, reports and fundraising messaging, ranging from solicitiations to event support.
- Data Synthesis and Collection (30%): Collecting and integrating client materials (e.g., documents, impact data and financials) into the 20 Degrees revenue and finance tools, templates, and processes.
- Market Research (10%): Conduct research on trends in competitive landscapes, philanthropy, nonprofit operations and different types of funding and then distill the findings for colleagues and clients.
- Project Coordination (20%)
- Contribute to administrative needs for projects such as updating project management database, document collection, and Zoom meeting facilitation.
- Team Contributions (10%)
- Contribute to the culture of 20 Degrees focused on scarcity slaying, field building, anti-racism, irreverent optimism, and truth telling.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Success Looks Like in This Role
Success will be judged first and foremost with how well your teammates and our clients feel supported by your contributions. In this role, success will make work lighter for colleagues and clients, while also taking your skills to the next level. Your goal is to perform essential tasks with a strong attention to detail and at a high-quality level. The job is fast-paced and success will require an ability to diligently manage multiple project items at once with light supervision. Doing well in this job means delivering on assigned tasks, so projects are completed more efficiently and at higher quality for nonprofit clients and your co-workers.
Qualifications that Make You a Star
- Having 2+ years of experience with nonprofits, small business, or startups with a fundraising/development, marketing, or a finance focus.
- Demonstrated experience with research and writing.
- Experience working with spreadsheets, numbers and data.
- Capability or willingness to quickly get up to speed in the Google Suite, especially Google Slides, Sheets, and Docs.
- Familiarity with or willingness to quickly get up to speed on project management tools like Monday.com, Asana, or Trello.
- Strong slide deck creation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and collaborate in a remote-based work culture.
What Else You’ll Bring to the Table to Enable Success
- Keen interest in better understanding nonprofits and the ways they are funded.
- Desire to be in a fast-paced, remote-first workplace that’s growing and still figuring out some of its processes.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Not being afraid to ask for clear instructions or help.
- A desire to learn.
- Openness to using and improving on the 20 Degrees way of doing things.
- Determination to find good answers, even when things aren’t super clear.
- Willingness to talk about racial equity as it relates to 20 Degrees, nonprofits, money, and current events. We’re all about learning and growing together.
Extra Kudos if You Bring
- Issue expertise in early childhood education, arts, workforce, youth development, and education areas of the nonprofit sector.
- Volunteer experience with nonprofits
This salaried position is 100% virtual and full-time. Potential for 5-10% travel. Open to anywhere in the United States. Willingness and ability to work with the Eastern Time Zone is necessary. Co-Founders are located in Washington, DC, and we have clients and colleagues across the United States. Salary ranges between $55,000 and $62,500, plus performance-based bonus structure and profit share with generous benefits, based on experience.
20 Degrees is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which all employees can thrive. If you are concerned you don’t match the qualifications for this job description exactly, and you have a passion for our mission, please consider applying. We welcome diverse thinking and experiences!